Newly published by OHS Press
Spainís El Escorial, home to royalty and also the site of a monastery, college, library and an enormous church, was designed and built by royal architects at the 1557 commission of King Philip II. It is the tomb of many Spanish kings and remains as a monument to the richness of 16th-century Spain. The enormous church built in the complex contained, at one time, as many as nine organs. Two of these long gone instruments, built by the Fleming Gilles Brebos, are documented in a surviving manuscript, which contains details about their specifications, appearance and use. This book is a facsimile and translation of the manuscript, as well as an analysis of its importance and contents.
Hardbound, 243 pages.