im Saal der Hochschule für Musik und Theater "Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy" LeipzigIntroitus
When the concert hall at the "Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy" Conservatory of Music and Theater, Leipzig, was built in 1887, E. F. Walcker built a 37 stop instrument. The entire building, along with the Walcker instrument, was destroyed in World War II. Following the re-unification of Germany, the Church Music Institute was re-opened. In addition to a Baroque-style instrument, an instrument was to be built to suit music in the German Romantic style. The Eule Firm was awarded the contract. The instrument (completed in 2001) was to be reminiscent of the former Walcker instrument. It was therefore modeled after the instrument at the St. Annenkirche, Annaberg, and the massive instrument at the Cathedral in Riga. Included are an original Walcker Traversflöte, and reeds on the third manual (making the instrument also suitable for works in the French Romantic style). Arvid Gast, professor of organ performance at the "Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy" Conservatory, performs.
Allegro maestoso aus der Sonate G-Dur op. 28
Eight short pieces op. 154
Fantasie und Fuge d-moll op. 135b
Fantasie C-Dur op. 16
Feux follets from "Pièces de Fantaisie" op. 53
Deuxième Symphonie op. 36