Marcel Dupré: Three Preludes and Fugues and Other Works for Organ
Selected and with an Introduction by by Rollin Smith
Trois Prélude et Fugues, Op. 7
No. I in B major
No. II in F minor
No. III in G minor
Scherzo, Op. 16
15 Versets pour les Vêpres du Commun des Fêtes de la Sainte Vierge, Op. 18
Antiphons for the Vesper Psalms
Ave Maris Stella
- While the king sitteth at his table, my spikenard sendeth out the perfume thereof.
- His left hand is under my head, and his right hand doth embrace me.
- I am black but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem: therefore the king hath loved me, and hath brought me into his chamber
- Lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; arise, my beloved and come away.
- How fair and how pleasant art thou in thy delights, O holy Mother of God
- When the salutation Gabriel had spoken
- Jesu's tender mother, make thy supplication
- So, as now we journey, aid our weak endeavor
- And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour
- For he that is mighty hath magnified me: and holy is his name
- He hath shewed strength with his arm: he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts
- He hath filled the hungry with good things: and the rich he hath sent empty away
- As he promised to our forefathers; Abraham, and his seed for ever
- Gloria (Final)-As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.