The Emboyd Theatre opened in 1928 and featured architecture and decoration to delight its patrons. After a name change to The Embassy in 1952, a threat from the wrecking ball and reconstruction sponsored by civic pride as well as donations, the theatre is still a treasure for the city of Fort Wayne, Indiana.
The history of the 4-16 Grande Page organ receives a generous chapter in this book written by Dyne L. Pfeffenberger, who has played the Page since 1956. One of only four large instruments built by the Lima, Ohio firm, the organ has been refurbished and continues to entertain listeners in its original location.
Dozens of photos make this book a visual treat, as well as the celebration of an ongoing theatre tradition.