New! John Ledwon presents Hooray for Hollywood, a CD featuring popular tunes from musicals and movies. Performed on one of the largest Wurlitzers in the USA, this program is sure to please theatre organ enthusiasts, and movie lovers everywhere.
1. Hooray for Hollywood
2. Love Changes Everything from "Aspects of Love"
3. Napolean's Last Charge
4. "Stop the World, I Want to Get Off"
5. Papa, Can You Hear Me? from "Yentl"
6. On the Robert E. Lee from "The Jazz Singer"
7. Hello Again from "The Jazz Singer"
9. Serenade from "The Student Prince"
10. Master of the House from "Les Miserbles"
11. I Could Have Danced All Night from "My Fair Lady"
New! Curtain Up is a CD of overtures typically not performed on the theatre organ. John Ledwon twists the rules, and explains why overtures are "inherently music of the theatre." With the organ substituting as the orchestra, this recording is extremely enjoyable.
1. Orpheus in the Underworld (Offenbach)
2. Poet and Peasant (Von Suppe)
3. Beautiful Galathea (Von Suppe)
4. Morning, Noon and Night in Vienna (Katelbey)
5. In A Persian Markey (Katelbey)
6. Night On Bald Mountain (Mussorgsky/Rimsky-Korsakov)
7. William Tell Overture (Rossini)
New! John Ledwon effortlessly performs Disney classics on this CD. The theatre organ easily showcases the different moods of the tracks. This enchantingly whimsical CD is an OHS staff favorite! The organ was one at John Ledwon's residence at the time of recording.
1. When you Wish Upon A Star
2. Aladdin Medley
3. Once Upon A Dream
4. Snow White Medley
7. Circle of Life
8. Sea Medley
9. Beauty and the Beast
11. Pixar Medley
12. Cruella De Vil
13. Nightmare Before Christmas
14. Electrical Parade Theme
15. Mickey Mouse March
New! John Ledwon brings popular hymns to the theatre organ, in this beautifully recorded CD. The styles range from reverent, to flamboyant, to light-hearted. Ledwon showcases the theatre organ's dynamic range, making it ideal for this genre of Christian music.
1. I Just Feel Something Good
3. The Old Rugged Cross
4. Suddenly There's A Valley
5. When The Roll Is called Up Yonder
6. How Big Is God
7. Great Is The Faithfulness
8. My Tribute
9. In The Garden
10. Amazing Grace
11. Ave Maria
12. Because He Lives
13. Beyond The Sunset
14. He Touched Me
15. How Great Thou Art
16. Jesus Is Coming Again
17. Blessed Assurance
18. This Ole House
19. The Lord's Prayer
Total Playing Time 73:00
NEW! John Ledwon plays the music of famous composers Andrew Lloyd Webber, Leonard Bernstein, and John Williams. Selections come from: Evita, Cats, West Side Story, Phantom of the Opera, Star Wars, and Superman.
Ledwon gives an in-depth analysis of how this organ was put together. At the time of recording this was the largest residential theatre organ in the United States, with 418 stops, 96 pistons, and 3529 pipes. The included booklet contains the organ's stoplist.
I. The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber
1. Introduction (Starlight Express/Jesus Christ Superstar Theme)
2. I Don't Know How To Love Him (Superstar)
3. Close Every Door (Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat)
4. Those Canaan Days (Joseph)
5. Benjamin Calypso (Joseph)
6. One More Angel in Heaven (Joseph)
7. Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Evita)
8. Mr. Mistoffeslees Theme (Cats)
9. Memory (Cats)
10. Unexpected Song (Song and Dance)
11. Only You (Starlight Express)
12. Any Dream Will Do (Joseph)
II. West Side Story, music by Leonard Bernstein
1. Mini Prologue
2. Balcony Scene (Maria)
4. One Hand, One Heart
6. I Feel Pretty
7. I Have A Love
8. Gee, Officer Krupke
III. The Phantom of the Opera, Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber
1. The Phantom of the Opera
2. Think of Me
3. Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again
4. Angel of Music
5. All I Ask of You
7. Prima Donna
8. The Music of the Night
IV. The Music of John Williams
1. The Throne Room Theme (Star Wars)
2. Main Theme (Star Wars)
3. Princess Leia's Theme (Star Wars)
4. Cantina Band
5. Can You Read My Mind (Superman)
6. Close Encounters of the Third Kind Theme
7. Theme from E.T. (The Extra-Terrestrial)
8. Raiders March (Raiders of the Lost Ark)