This fresh recording from Fugue State Films features the music of Gershwin and Bernstein improvised on the 83 stop Schuke Organ of the Luxembourg Philharmonie. Organist Wayne Marshall brings his conducting experience to draw on its rich orchestral timbres as he improvises on these famous tunes. Using styles varying from that of a Vierne sortie en grand jeu to razzle-dazzle theatre organ tricks, Marshall captures sweetly tender lines, and his rapid fire technique summons energy and excitement.
1. Improvisation on themes from West Side Story, Leonard Bernstein
2. Improvisation on the song People from the film Funny Girl, Jule Styne
3. Improvisation on themes from Candide, Leonard Bernstein
4. Overture to Wonderful Town, Leonard Bernstein
5. Improvisation on themes from Rhapsody in Blue, George Gershwin